10 Instant Pot Cheesecake Hacks
My most popular recipes are by far Instant Pot cheesecakes, and rightfully so! They are so easy to make and really delicious! If you have an event to attend or just simply want a family dessert after dinner, Instant Pot Cheesecakes are the way to go! I decided that since these recipes were so popular right now, I would give you guys 10 Instant Pot Cheesecake Hacks!
If I miss something or you have a hack comment below and let us know! Pin this post for later when you make your next cheesecake!
1. When you make a cheesecake in an Instant Pot it doesn’t bake like in the oven, it steams. Which isn’t exactly the best for the crust. To get around having a soggy crust, bake it in the oven for 10 minutes on 350. This will create the crunchy crust you expect when eating a cheesecake. This isn’t necessary but I think it makes the overall cheesecake so much better!
2. As with any cheesecake, it is important that before you begin you bring all of your ingredients up to room temperature. This will help create the nice smooth texture and it makes the cream cheese easier to mix. If the ingredients are cold, you are more likely to over mix to get the texture of the filling right. As you probably know, over mixing is the biggest issue people run into when making a cheesecake. The less you mix, the better.
3. I take at least 5 minutes to beat the cream cheese on high speed before adding any other ingredients. This is important to have a smooth texture and get rid of all of the lumps of cream cheese. You want to make sure to beat the cream cheese enough in the beginning because if you realize towards the end it isn’t smooth enough, you risk over mixing the eggs. You don’t want that.
4. You also want to remember to measure out each ingredient correctly. This will also help you get that perfect texture and reduce the moisture.
5. Use a deep spring form pan. I use this 7-inch spring form pan for most of my cheesecakes (and a 6-inch for others) and it is perfect for my Instant Pot cheesecakes. It is tall enough to make a smaller, thicker cheesecake and doesn’t allow the filling to spill over.
6. You will want to make sure to cover the spring form pan completely with aluminum foil. This will help keep most of the moisture out of the cake and keeping water away from the crust. Nobody likes a soggy crust.
7. Only put 1 cup of water in the pot. That is all you will need.
8. Allow the pot to naturally release. After you take the cheesecake out, remove the foil while it cools. It will look like it is under cooked and jiggly. That is how it is supposed to look and it will be fine! That brings me to the next hack…
9. Let your cheesecake set in the fridge overnight. Don’t rush it! This will allow the cheesecake to set completely and you will have the perfect, smooth, cheesecake!
10. Last but not least, to have a perfect cheesecake you have to get creative with the toppings. This is my favorite part of the whole process is decorating the top and making it look pretty. Probably the baker in me. There is just something about a beautiful cheesecake! Some of my favorites are whipped cream, sprinkles, cookies, buttercream, whipped buttercream (so yummy), or caramel/chocolate sauce. The possibilities are really endless!
Did I miss something??? Comment below and let me know your secrets to making an Instant Pot Cheesecake! Also, check out some of my popular cheesecake recipes below!!