It is almost that time of year! When apple and pumpkin spice take over! Honestly, fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I live for apple, pumpkin, cinnamon, the crisp fall air, the leaves on the ground, just everything about fall makes me happy! This Apple Crumble Pie screams fall, but don't limit yourself to one time of year to enjoy this delicious pie!
Not only does this recipe taste AMAZING, but it is pretty simple to make! A pre-made crust, some fresh apples, and just a few spices come together to make this mouth watering dessert!
Can you imagine showing up to a family event with this?! You would be the guest of the evening for sure! You don't have to tell how it easy it was. That can be our little secret.
Tips and Tricks
⚫️ To prevent the top of the pie from getting too brown, cover the pie with aluminum foil the last several minutes of baking.
⚫️ Be sure to slice your apples evenly so none of them get mushy or under cooked.
⚫️ When making the crumble, it is a little easier to use your (clean) hands.
⚫️ Granny Smith apples are tart and perfect for pies, but you can use whatever type of apple you like 🙂 I also LOVE honey crisp apples.
⚫️ Allow your pie to cool completely before cutting and servings. This will help keep the pie together.
As I mentioned above this pie is super easy to make. To start you want to prepare your crust. Make sure that it is completely thawed. Place it in a pie dish and press to form the crust. Flute the edges by using your index finger on one hand and press the crust between your index finger and thumb on the other hand.
Peel and slice the apples and place in a large bowl. Add in the spices and toss to coat the apples and place in the pie crust.
Last make the crumble for the top. Add all the crumble ingredients into a bowl and use your hands combine all the ingredients until a crumble forms. Add on top of the apples in an even layer and bake!
This pie is probably the best pie I have ever had! Pin this recipe now so you will have it for later!
- 1 Refrigerated or Frozen pie crust
- 6 Granny Smith Apples - peeled (cored and sliced into ¼ inch slices)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup room temperature butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Follow the pie crust instructions for thawing, and place crust over a 9 inch ungreased pie pan.
- Flute the edges of the pie by pressing your index finger on one hand, in between your index finger and thumb on the other hand. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the filling by mixing apples, lemon juice, flour, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. Then, pour into the prepared pie pan.
- To make the crumble topping, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, flour and room temperature butter in a medium bowl. Use a fork and press the butter into the other ingredients, until the mixture is nice and crumbly.
- Place the crumble topping on top of the pie.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then lower the temperature to 375 and bake for an additional 35 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool completely before serving.
- Top with ice cream and caramel drizzle for the ultimate treat.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Did you enjoy this recipe? Share your pictures below. Also, check out some of my other top recipes below!