My most requested Chocolate Cake paired with the most amazing, fluffy and creamy OREO Buttercream... can you imagine a better combination? I'm just gonna say it - this is the best Chocolate OREO Cake Recipe EVER!!
For the cake
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (Hershey's is the BEST! )
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 3 Sticks Butter (I use salted, but you can use unsalted and add about 1/4 tsp salt )
- 5 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Crushed OREO cookies (with cream )
- 3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 cup quality chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Make the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all of the dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Whisk together for about a minute.
- Add in all wet ingredients EXCEPT the water. Stir to combine.
- Finally, add in your boiling water, and start slow, and slowly increase the speed to high. Whisk on high for about 1-2 minutes. It should be bubbly!
- Prepare (3) 6" or (2) 8" baking pans (see cake goop recipe above). Then divide the batter equally into each pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven, in the middle of the rack for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove form the oven and allow to cool.
Make the Buttercream:
- While your cakes are cooling, make your buttercream.
- Add in your room temp butter to a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat the butter until light and fluffy. Mix for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your powdered sugar one cup at a time. It will look dry.
- Add in cookie crumbs and cream. Mix for about 4-5 minutes, scraping the sides ever so often. If you fill that the buttercream is too thick, add in a little more cream, one tbsp at a time!
- To prepare the cake, level each layer. Place one layer down, and top with buttercream then add another layer of cake, and continue until you are out of cake. Cover the whole cake with buttercream, and add final touches such as ganache or crushed Oreos!
- If you would like to add ganache, place the chocolate and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and melt for 30 second increments until fully melted and there are no clumps.
- Let the ganache chill for about 5 minutes and then pour on a cold cake.
- Serve and enjoy!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cake, one bowl chocolate cake, oreo cake, OREO cookies, OREOs, best chocolate oreo cake, best oreo cake ever