In my quest to create simple and delicious cakes that anyone can master, I present to you this Honey Butter Bundt Cake! I love making anything with honey. Healthier than adding a ton of sugar and it gives such a unique taste to anything you put it in.
This cake is super simple, and you can pair it with your favorite berries, whipped cream, or a honey glaze to add a little more sweetness.
To start off for this recipe you want to sift together the flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking powder. For best results, sift the ingredients through 2-3 times. Add in the sugar and mix for an additional 1 minute. Adding cornstarch to your flour is a substitute for cake flour. If you would like to use cake flour omit the cornstarch. This gives the cake the best texture.
Next add in your butter, egg yolks, vanilla, and honey. Mix for 2-3 minutes until all of the ingredients are combined. Add in remaining eggs one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
For this recipe you want to make sure that your bundt pan is prepared with non-stick spray and dusted with sugar. You want to make sure your pan is covered so you do not have issues with the cake sticking and you will have a beautiful cake.
Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool upright on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then turn the pan over and release the cake and allow to cool completely.
This is the part where you can get creative and decide how you would like to top the cake. Of course you can leave it as is. You can add a dusting of powdered sugar for a simple finish, or top with a honey glaze (recipe below). Pair with some fresh berries and whipped cream and you have a light, tasty treat!
A printable recipe is below for you:Print
Honey Butter Bundt Cake is super simple, and you can pair it with your favorite berries, whipped cream, or a honey glaze to add a little more sweetness.
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ¼ sticks (18 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 large eggs plus 3 egg yolks all at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and dust with sugar. Be sure the entire pan is coated.
- In a large mixing bowl, Sift together flour, cornstarch, salt and baking powder. For best results, sift 2-3 times.
- Add sugar and mix for one minute to combine.
- With mixer running on low, add softened butter, egg yolks, vanilla, and honey. Increase the speed to medium high and mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Add one egg at a time in three increments, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula after each addition.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. You may want to check the cake every 5 minutes until the toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs, then remove.
- After baking, transfer bundt cake to a wire rack and let it rest upright in the pan for 10 minutes. Then turn pan over onto a the cooling rack, releasing cake. Cool completely.
If desired, top with: a.) Honey Glaze: stir together 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons milk. Drizzle over cake.
b.) OR – Sprinkle with simple powdered sugar for a lighter finish.
- Prep Time: 12
- Cook Time: 55
Did you love this recipe??? Check out some of my other popular cake recipes below! Comment and let me know how this recipe turned out for you! Also, remember to pin for later!