Where are my banana lovers??? Today I have an Instant Pot Banana Pudding Cheesecake for you!
I personally love banana pudding. It is a classic dessert that isn’t super sweet and it is always at every family gathering that we have. I think it is my grandma’s favorite to make because it is super easy… we’re lazy like that. 😀 So, I thought, why not combine this super easy dessert with my super easy Instant Pot cheesecake??? It is the best of both worlds!
I have taken a traditional cheesecake and added in some banana pudding mix and created an amazing dessert that is not too sweet but is so delicious your guests will be coming back for more! Want to know the best part???? It is SOOOO easy and fast to make if you use the Instant Pot.
I am assuming if you are on this post that you already know how great this pot is, BUT if not, you need to get one like NOW! They make my life so much easier with two babies and a husband I can get meals done in no time. You can also make desserts! That is a win-win for me!
If you do not have yours yet or if you are still on the fence about it, get yours HERE NOW! At the time I am posting this, Amazon has them on sale! So hurry and get them while you can.
To take this cheesecake a little over the top I added on some caramel sauce and oh my goodness… It just made it 100% better to have that extra layer of flavor. I also added on some whipped cream and of course bananas and Nilla Wafers!
You can get as creative as you would like with the toppings or just leave the top plain and it will still be delicious! Personally, the toppings are my favorite part!
Instant Pot Banana Pudding Cheesecake
You want to start out by making your crust. I knew the best thing to use would be Nilla Wafers because they pair so well with bananas. Prepare a 6″ spring form pan with nonstick spray and if you would like a round piece of parchment paper. Crush your wafer cookies, add some butter, and pat down into the bottom of the pan.
Next is the filling. The important thing I would like to mention here is to make sure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature when you begin. Also, make sure you start with your cream cheese and whip it until there are no lumps at all. If you do not take the time now and cream it well, you will over mix towards the end and nobody wants that.
All ingredients need to be at room temperature!
After your cream cheese is lump free and smooth, add in your other ingredients and mix as little as possible to get everything combined. Add the eggs last, one at a time, and mix just until combined. You want to mix as little as possible.
Add the batter on top of your Nilla Wafer crust and cover your pan completely with aluminum foil. This will help keep water from getting into your cheesecake. Nobody wants a soggy cheesecake…gross. Place the trivet into your Instant Pot with one cup of water and place the cheesecake on top. Set the pot to high pressure for 35 minutes and allow to naturally release.
Add the toppings!
Allow the cheesecake to cool completely on the counter then place into the refrigerator for at least 6 hours to overnight. Once it has set it is time for the toppings!
I LOVE caramel sauce.. I could literally eat it with a spoon. It made this recipe so much better. It added a little more flavor and that golden brown on top is just beautiful!
Now add on whatever toppings you want! I chose Nilla Wafers and some bananas, SOOO DARN GOOD!!
Now let’s get bakin!!! If you loved this recipe let me know below! Remember to pin for later AND let me know what flavor you would like to see next in my series of Instant Pot Cheesecakes!
The combination of the classic banana pudding and cheesecake! The best of both worlds! You will want more than one piece!
- 2 packages cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 5.1 oz package of Banana Cream pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Caramel topping
- Whipped Cream
- 1–2 Bananas
- Nilla Wafers
- 1. Prepare your crust by placing your Nilla Wafers into a food processor and blend until they form crumbs. Add in melted butter, salt, and cinnamon and pulse until combined.
2. Place yourcrumbs in a 6” springform pan, and pack down with your hand or a measuring cup.
3. Place in the freezer until the filling is ready.
4. To make your filling, start with all room temp ingredients. Place your cream cheese into a large mixing bowl, and mix on high until light and fluffy.
5. Add in your sugar slowly until just combined.
6. Add in sour cream and mix until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
7. Add in the banana cream pudding mix plus the flour and mix until combined.
8. Last, add in your eggs, you want to make these the very last thing you mix in and mix as LITTLE as possible. Add your eggs one at a time and mix just enough so that they are fully incorporated.
9. Pour your filling into your prepared crust and cover the top of your pan with tin foil. If you would like to take it a step further, you can cover the bottom of the pan as well.
10. Prepare your Instant Pot with one cup of water, and place your trivet in the bottom of your pot.,.,
11. TIP: Make a sling by tearing a piece of aluminum foil, and folding in making a long strip, and place that on your trivet. This will make it easier to remove your pan afterwards!
12. Place your pan in your pot, and place the lid on, and make sure it is sealed.
13. Place on high pressure for 35 minutes.
14. After 35 minutes, allow for a natural release. When you can open the pot, take the pan out, and place somewhere that it can cool. I do not take the foil off of the top, If you want you can at this point, just know it may look like it is undercooked and very jiggly. It’s OKAY! After it cools completely, place it in the fridge overnight.
15. Once your cheesecake has set overnight. Top with caramel sauce, whipped cream, bananas, and Nilla Wafers!
16. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake, instant pot, pressure cooker, dessert, banana, banana pudding, pudding, banana cheesecake, caramel, nilla wafers
More Cheesecake Recipes…
If you liked this recipe check out some of my other Instant Pot cheesecake recipes below!