The combination of the classic banana pudding and cheesecake! The best of both worlds! You will want more than one piece!
- 2 packages cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 5.1 oz package of Banana Cream pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Caramel topping
- Whipped Cream
- 1–2 Bananas
- Nilla Wafers
- 1. Prepare your crust by placing your Nilla Wafers into a food processor and blend until they form crumbs. Add in melted butter, salt, and cinnamon and pulse until combined.
2. Place yourcrumbs in a 6” springform pan, and pack down with your hand or a measuring cup.
3. Place in the freezer until the filling is ready.
4. To make your filling, start with all room temp ingredients. Place your cream cheese into a large mixing bowl, and mix on high until light and fluffy.
5. Add in your sugar slowly until just combined.
6. Add in sour cream and mix until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
7. Add in the banana cream pudding mix plus the flour and mix until combined.
8. Last, add in your eggs, you want to make these the very last thing you mix in and mix as LITTLE as possible. Add your eggs one at a time and mix just enough so that they are fully incorporated.
9. Pour your filling into your prepared crust and cover the top of your pan with tin foil. If you would like to take it a step further, you can cover the bottom of the pan as well.
10. Prepare your Instant Pot with one cup of water, and place your trivet in the bottom of your pot.,.,
11. TIP: Make a sling by tearing a piece of aluminum foil, and folding in making a long strip, and place that on your trivet. This will make it easier to remove your pan afterwards!
12. Place your pan in your pot, and place the lid on, and make sure it is sealed.
13. Place on high pressure for 35 minutes.
14. After 35 minutes, allow for a natural release. When you can open the pot, take the pan out, and place somewhere that it can cool. I do not take the foil off of the top, If you want you can at this point, just know it may look like it is undercooked and very jiggly. It’s OKAY! After it cools completely, place it in the fridge overnight.
15. Once your cheesecake has set overnight. Top with caramel sauce, whipped cream, bananas, and Nilla Wafers!
16. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake, instant pot, pressure cooker, dessert, banana, banana pudding, pudding, banana cheesecake, caramel, nilla wafers