This Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake is everything I hold near and dear... wrapped up in one incredible dessert. It is possibly the best cheesecake I've ever had the pleasure of making 0r eating! It's simple and delicious and impressive! You'll want to be whipping up this recipe again and again!
Years ago I made a traditional Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake and shared it here on my other blog. That was an amazing cheesecake and to this day, it's a favorite!
So when I was considering new cheesecake recipes for my Instant Pot, I knew I'd love to have a version of that cheesecake with chocolate chip cookies. This recipe is not exactly like that recipe - I'd like to consider it a new and improved version!
The crust is made from cookie dough. Yes, the premade kind you buy in a tube. And it couldn't be more perfect.
A little disclaimer here, if you are one of those people who like crunchy cookies, then you can actually bake the crust in the oven for 5-10 minutes before adding in the batter. This will help give it more of a crispy-ness. If you are like me and the doughy-er the better, then follow the directions below and you will be golden!
This Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake batter is almost identical to my basic cheesecake recipe here, except I mixed mini chocolate chips into the batter. I absolutely love getting the added texture of those tiny chocolate chips throughout the cheesecake! I swear this Instant Pot Choccolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake is like a little slice of heaven.
How to make the cookie dough crust.
First, you want to prepare the cookie crust. This is the easist thing in the world. First line a 7-inch round springform pan with parchment paper.
Then take a small roll of store-bought cookie dough, and press into the bottom of the pan until it forms the crust. You probably won't need the whole roll, so you can thank me later when you're snacking on that cookie dough ?
Set the pan aside, unless you want to bake it as mentioned above. If so, cook it at 350°F for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Making the cheesecake filling.
Next, mix up the filling. The secret to the filling is having the cream cheese at room temperature and mixing it until there are NO lumps. This could take several minutes of mixing with a hand mixer, but you want to make sure it's super creamy and smooth!
The last ingredient you'll add to the filling (see details below) is the eggs. You'll want to fold these in very gently with as little mixing as possible. I actually prick the yolks with cake tester then use a silicone spatula to mix it up - not an electric mixer!
When done, gently fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Pour the filling into your prepared crust and then gently tap the pan on the counter several times so that any air bubbles rise to the top and pop! Tightly cover your pan with aluminum foil - this is very important to prevent you from ending up with a soggy cheesecake.
Bake in the Instant Pot for 45 minutes, then let it naturally release. Remove it from the pot, take off the foil and let it completely cool on a wire rack.
Before putting it in the fridge, don't skip this amazing step... ganache on top!
The recipe is below, but basically you're going to mix warm cream and chocolate to create an amazing drippy chocolate glaze. Cover the top or drizzle it... whatever your heart desires, then place it in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
The finished Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake.
Before serving, you can garnish it with mini chocolate chip cookies, more mini chocolate chips, and/or whipped cream! The sky is the limit!!
This Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake is everything … wrapped up in one incredible dessert. It is possibly the the best cheesecake I’ve ever had the pleasure of making 0r eating! It’s simple and delicious and impressive! You’ll want to be whipping up this recipe again and again!
For the Cheesecake:
nonstick cooking spray
1 small package chocolate chip cookie dough (you will only need about 10 ounces)
2 packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, at room temperature
½ cup mini chocolate chips
Mini chocolate chip cookies, mini chocolate chips and/or whipped cream for topping (optional)
For the ganache topping:
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Before you begin, please make sure that all cold ingredients are warmed to room temperature including the cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs.
- Prepare a 7” springform pan with a circle of parchment or wax paper on the bottom and spray the inside of the pan with nonstick spray.
- Take 10 ounces of cookie dough and press into the bottom of the pan evently to make the crust. If you want a crispy crust, bake it for 8-10 minutes at 350°F. Set aside the unbaked or baked crust.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese until light and fluffy, make sure there are no lumps, this should take 5-7 minutes.
- Once there are no lumps remaining, add in the granulated sugar, sour cream and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs and prick the yolks, Gently fold this mixture over and over until the eggs are well incorporated. I do not recommend using an electric mixer for this step.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the cookie dough crust. Completely wrap and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Prepare your Instant Pot by placing the trivet inside along with 1 cup of water.
- Add the cheesecake on top of the trivet carefully and place the lid on sealing.
- Using the manual button, cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. Allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake carefully, and remove the foil wrapping. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Once cool, move to the fridge for at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Once the cheesecake has set, you can remove the outer ring of the pan and add a ganache topping.
- To make ganache, warm the cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until steaming. Pour the hot cream over the ½ cup chocolate chips and let it sit for 3-4 minutes. Then whisk until completely smooth (I use a fork for such a small amount).
- Spread over the top of the cheesecake and top with whipped cream and/or chocolate chip cookies.
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake, cookies, chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookie dough, instant pot, pressure cooker, whipped cream, ganache, chocolate chip cheesecake, cookie dough crust