This Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake is everything … wrapped up in one incredible dessert. It is possibly the the best cheesecake I’ve ever had the pleasure of making 0r eating! It’s simple and delicious and impressive! You’ll want to be whipping up this recipe again and again!
For the Cheesecake:
nonstick cooking spray
1 small package chocolate chip cookie dough (you will only need about 10 ounces)
2 packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, at room temperature
½ cup mini chocolate chips
Mini chocolate chip cookies, mini chocolate chips and/or whipped cream for topping (optional)
For the ganache topping:
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Before you begin, please make sure that all cold ingredients are warmed to room temperature including the cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs.
- Prepare a 7” springform pan with a circle of parchment or wax paper on the bottom and spray the inside of the pan with nonstick spray.
- Take 10 ounces of cookie dough and press into the bottom of the pan evently to make the crust. If you want a crispy crust, bake it for 8-10 minutes at 350°F. Set aside the unbaked or baked crust.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese until light and fluffy, make sure there are no lumps, this should take 5-7 minutes.
- Once there are no lumps remaining, add in the granulated sugar, sour cream and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs and prick the yolks, Gently fold this mixture over and over until the eggs are well incorporated. I do not recommend using an electric mixer for this step.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the cookie dough crust. Completely wrap and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Prepare your Instant Pot by placing the trivet inside along with 1 cup of water.
- Add the cheesecake on top of the trivet carefully and place the lid on sealing.
- Using the manual button, cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. Allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the pot, remove the cheesecake carefully, and remove the foil wrapping. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Once cool, move to the fridge for at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Once the cheesecake has set, you can remove the outer ring of the pan and add a ganache topping.
- To make ganache, warm the cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until steaming. Pour the hot cream over the ½ cup chocolate chips and let it sit for 3-4 minutes. Then whisk until completely smooth (I use a fork for such a small amount).
- Spread over the top of the cheesecake and top with whipped cream and/or chocolate chip cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake, cookies, chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookie dough, instant pot, pressure cooker, whipped cream, ganache, chocolate chip cheesecake, cookie dough crust