10 vanilla sandwich cookies
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
Pinch of sea salt
(2) 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ pound fresh strawberries (for puree)
2 eggs, at room temperature
2–3 drops pink food color (optional)
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
Strawberries & Whipped Cream
- Prepare a 7” springform pan with nonstick spray. Place the vanilla sandwich cookies in a food processor and pulse until you get a fine crumb. Add butter and salt and pulse until combined. Pour the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the pan and use a clean hand or spoon to press into the bottom of the pan to form the crust. Place in the freezer.
- Prepare your puree by adding about ½ lb chopped strawberries into the food processor and pulse until you get a nice puree. Run through a sieve. Make sure you have ½ cup puree. Set aside for now.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer (you can also use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment) cream the cream cheese for 3-4 minutes until there are no lumps and it is completely smooth. Be sure to scrape the bowl at least 2 times during this time.
- Add in the sugar, and mix well until combined and fluffy. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add in the sour cream and vanilla extract and mix until just combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl.
- Make sure there are no lumps in the batter. If there is, mix for an additional few minutes.
- Pour in the strawberry puree into the batter and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to completely combine the first before adding the second. Be careful not to overmix here, you just want to mix long enough that you don’t see the yolk anymore.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and add the cheesecake batter into the pan. Tap the pan on the counter a couple of times to remove any air bubbles.
- Cover the spring form pan completely with aluminum foil making sure to seal well around the top.
- Using another piece of aluminum foil, make a sling by folding the foil from long end to long end. Place underneath the cheesecake to help you drop it down into the Instant Pot.
- Prepare your Instant Pot by adding in the trivet and adding one cup of water.
- Place the cheesecake on the trivet and seal the lid.
- Set your pot on high pressure for 35 minutes and allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the lid, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool on the counter. Once cooled, place in the refrigerator for at least four hours but best overnight.
- Once you are ready to serve prepare the ganache by adding the chocolate and cream into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 second increments until melted. Mix well and allow to cool.
- Once cool, pour the ganache over the cheesecake and top with whipped cream and fresh berries. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake, Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker, Strawberry, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, Chocolate, Valentines, Valentine's Day, IP Cheesecake