- 4 oz butter cookies
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 2 packages cream cheese (softened )
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup rainbow jimmies
- whipped cream (optional)
- Prepare a 7” springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Use a food processor to process the cookies until you have a fine crumb. Mix with melted butter.
- Pour the crumbs into the bottom of the springform pan and press lightly to form a crust. Freeze the crust for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, Mix the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and mix until combined.
- Next, add in sour cream and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Last, add in the eggs and mix gently with a spoon or spatula, just until combined. I do not recommend using an electric mixer here.
- Fold in the sprinkles using a spatula, again being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place the trivet in your Instant Pot and add one cup of water to the bottom. Place the cheesecake on top of the trivet and place the lid on and make sure it is sealed.
- Pressure cook for 40 minutes and allow to naturally release for at least 10 minutes.
- Once you can open the pot, take the cheesecake out, remove the foil and allow it to completely cool on the counter. It will be jiggly - this is normal! Place into the refrigerator for at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Once the cheesecake is set, top with whipped cream and more sprinkles!
- You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake, dessert, confetti, funfetti, instant pot, pressure cooker, instant pot cheesecake