Instant Pot OREO Cheesecake is an easy, creamy homemade cheesecake with an OREO crust and cookies in the batter. It's full of texture and flavor and the perfect size for a small family celebration.
14 Oreo Cookies
3 Tablespoons butter- melted
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate
¼ cup whipping cream
2 packages cream cheese- softened
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs- at room temperature
1. In a food processor, pulse the oreo cookies until you get a fine crumb. Add in melted butter and salt and pulse until well combined.
2. Prepare a 6” springform pan by spraying with nonstick spray.
3. Pour the crumbs into the bottom of the springform pan and using a clean hand or the back of a spoon press the crumbs down to form the crust.
4. Place the pan in the freezer until you are finished with the filling.
1. Add the softened cream cheese into a large mixing bowl (or a bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment) and cream for 5-6 minute or until there are no lumps and the cream cheese is nice and smooth.
2. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the sugar and mix for an additional 1-2 minutes.
3. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined.
4. Give the bowl a final scrape along the sides and the bottom making sure there are no lumps, if there are, mix for a few additional minutes.
5. Last, add the eggs one at a time making sure to incorporate each fully before adding the other. DO NOT OVER MIX, you just want to mix until you cannot see the egg anymore.
6. Add the cookie crumbs and gently fold to combine evenly.
7. Remove the crust from the freezer and add in the filling.
8. Cover the cheesecake completely in aluminum foil making sure to seal well around the top of the pan.
9. Prepare your Instant Pot by adding in a trivet and 1 cup of water.
10. Using a piece of aluminum foil, make a sling by folding long end to long end and place on top of the trivet and allow to come up along the sides of the pot.
11. Place the springform on top of the sling, and place on the lid and make sure it is in the sealing position.
12. Set your Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 35 minutes with a natural release.
13. Once you can open the lid, remove the cheesecake and allow to cool at room temperature. Once it is at room temperature add to the refrigerator and let chill for at least 4 hours but best overnight.
14. Once you are ready to serve top with ganache and whipped cream.
Combine the chocolate chips and the whipping cream into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 second increments until the chocolate is hot. Let the mixture set for 2-3 minutes and stir until the chocolate is smooth. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes and pour desired amount over the cheesecake.