Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake with OREO Crust is the best Christmas cheesecake! With the Christmasy flavor of peppermint and the yummy OREO Crust and ganache topping – nothing could scream Christmas louder! And it’s made in your Instant Pot – making it super easy too!
I’m obsessed with peppermint and candy canes during the holiday season. I love the smell, the flavor and even the look of anything with the signature red and white stripes or swirls!!
So when dreaming up new recipes for Instant Pot cheesecakes, of course I had to have a Peppermint Cheesecake for Christmas. And it couldn’t be a plain-Jane cheesecake… no, that wouldn’t do.
Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake with OREO Crust
To make it extra special, this cheesecake has a homemade crushed OREO crust and smooth and delicious ganache poured on top before garnishing with crushed peppermints.
You won’t find a more delicious Christmas cheesecake than this one – it’s quite simply incredible!!
Tips before starting your cheesecake:
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before beginning. This seems like something so minimal that it couldn’t make that big of a difference but it does, just trust me on this one. This includes your cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, butter, etc.
- DO NOT OVER MIX! When you first begin with this recipe you mix the cream cheese well, like for 5-10 minutes. You do not want any lumps or bumps in your cream cheese or that will cause a lumpy and bumpy cheesecake. You want to get the cheese as smooth as possible in the beginning so you do not have to over mix the batter at the end. But beyond that, do not overmix when you get to the end – especially with the eggs!!
- I’ll say it again for the people in the back. Do not over mix! When you add the eggs into the batter, only mix just enough to combine the egg, that is it, no more.
- Cover the springform pan completely with aluminum foil so that you don’t get a soggy crust! This includes bottom, top and all around ?.
- For more tips, click here!
The first step will be creaming your cream cheese until it’s completely smooth. You don’t want any chunks in it!! This means beating it for several minutes, but be patient and do this part well!
Then you’ll add the sugar, sour cream and peppermint into the cream cheese and mix again until it’s all smooth and creamy! Then add the eggs!
When it’s smooth and ready to go, pour it into the prepared springform or push pan.
Tap it on your counter to get any bubbles out, then wrap it completely in aluminum foil and it’s ready to go in your Instant Pot!
Keep reading below for the full recipe and all the details!Print
2 packages of cream cheese- softened
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp peppermint extract
2 eggs- room temperature
15 Oreo cookies (with cream)
2 tbsp butter
*before you begin, make sure the cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs are all room temperature
- Add the cream cheese into the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat on high for 5-10 minutes or until the cream cheese is really smooth. You want to make sure there are no lumps left.
- While the mixer is going with your cream cheese, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and make your crust. Add the oreo cookies into a food processor and pulse until you get fine crumbs. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Prepare a 6 inch springform pan (I use the tall one I think it is about 2 ½” tall) with nonstick spray and pour your cookie crumbs into the bottom. Using a clean hand, a spoon, or any other flat object, flatten he cookies to form the crust.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once the cream cheese is nice and smooth, add in the sugar and mix until well combined.
- Next add in the sour cream and peppermint extract and make sure everything is well combined. Be sure to scrape the sides of your bowl often.
- Add in your eggs one at a time mixing as little as possible each time. Be very careful not to over mix.
- Pour your prepared batter into the baked crust and cover with aluminum foil.
- Prepare you Instant Pot by adding 1 cup of water into the bottom and add in the trivet.
- Place your cheesecake on the trivet and close the lid and make sure it is in the “sealed” position.
- Place on high pressure for 35 minutes and allow it to naturally release.
- One you can open the lid, remove the cheesecake and let it rest on the counter until completely cool. After it is cool place the cheesecake it he refrigerator to allow it to set completely. I recommend letting it set overnight.
- Before you are ready to serve you can add your favorite toppings like whipped cream, melted chocolate and crushed candy pieces. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American