Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake with OREO Crust is the best Christmas cheesecake! With the Christmasy flavor of peppermint and the yummy OREO Crust and ganache topping – nothing could scream Christmas louder! And it’s made in your Instant Pot – making it super easy too!
2 packages of cream cheese- softened ½ cup granulated sugar ½ cup sour cream 1 tsp peppermint extract 2 eggs- room temperature 15 Oreo cookies (with cream) 2 tbsp butter
*before you begin, make sure the cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs are all room temperature
- Add the cream cheese into the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat on high for 5-10 minutes or until the cream cheese is really smooth. You want to make sure there are no lumps left.
- While the mixer is going with your cream cheese, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and make your crust. Add the oreo cookies into a food processor and pulse until you get fine crumbs. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Prepare a 6 inch springform pan (I use the tall one I think it is about 2 ½” tall) with nonstick spray and pour your cookie crumbs into the bottom. Using a clean hand, a spoon, or any other flat object, flatten he cookies to form the crust.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once the cream cheese is nice and smooth, add in the sugar and mix until well combined.
- Next add in the sour cream and peppermint extract and make sure everything is well combined. Be sure to scrape the sides of your bowl often.
- Add in your eggs one at a time mixing as little as possible each time. Be very careful not to over mix.
- Pour your prepared batter into the baked crust and cover with aluminum foil.
- Prepare you Instant Pot by adding 1 cup of water into the bottom and add in the trivet.
- Place your cheesecake on the trivet and close the lid and make sure it is in the “sealed” position.
- Place on high pressure for 35 minutes and allow it to naturally release.
- One you can open the lid, remove the cheesecake and let it rest on the counter until completely cool. After it is cool place the cheesecake it he refrigerator to allow it to set completely. I recommend letting it set overnight.
- Before you are ready to serve you can add your favorite toppings like whipped cream, melted chocolate and crushed candy pieces. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American