This Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake is the perfect marriage of pumpkin pie and cheesecake, and would be perfect for Thanksgiving or any other Fall celebration. If you want to step up your pumpkin pie "game" for the holidays and surprise the family with something more, this is your recipe!
For Thanksgiving, we always go to my aunt's house for a huge celebration. There are some go-to desserts that I know will always be there, but I like to mix things up and bring something different every now and then.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
I'm pretty confident this Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake will be a wonderful surprise and a huge hit!
It's crucially important that you make sure that all of your ingredients are room temperature. This includes the cream cheese, sour cream, and the eggs. Having everything at room temperature helps the ingredients mix better and keeps you from over mixing the batter.
Tips and Tricks
- Again, make sure all ingredients are at room temperature and do not overmix!!
- Bake the crust to add crispiness. Since this cheesecake is made in the Instant Pot, the crust tends to be a little soft and gooey. If you like that, then don't worry about baking the crust. Otherwise, put it in the oven for a few minutes prior to cooking in the pressure cooker.
- Don't use an electric mixer for the eggs and mix them as little as possible.
- Let the cheesecake chill in the fridge overnight. This will allow it to set fully and it will be the perfect texture 🙂
Fresh out of the refrigerator chilled, this cheesecake is just beautiful...And it tastes so much like pumpkin pie but also like cheesecake. It's just such a great combo!
But it's a little plain-looking huh? So let's fix that!
After you've baked the cheesecake, to make it pretty and even more delicious, you will want to add toppings! There are so many options here... fresh whipped cream, caramel, nuts, cinnamon, even something festive like candy corn or candy pumpkins! Obviously, I started with caramel sauce.
Now you could absolutely make your own caramel sauce (click here for recipe) or you could use store-bought sauce, like this caramel ice cream topping! Either works beautifully!
I didn't have any nuts or something fun like candy pumpkins on hand, so I opted to pipe on some fresh whipped cream then sprinkle with cinnamon. I think it turned out perfect and I can't wait to make it again for Thanksgiving!
The printable Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake recipe is below!
This Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake is the perfect marriage of pumpkin pie and cheesecake, and would be perfect for Thanksgiving or any other Fall celebration. If you want to step up your pumpkin pie “game” for the holidays and surprise the family with something more, this is your recipe!
- 15 gingersnap cookies
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 2 -8 oz. packages of cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature before beginning - cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a 7-inch springform pan with nonstick spray, be sure to include the sides.
- Prepare the crust by adding the gingersnap cookies, melted butter, and salt to a food processor and pulse until you get crumbs. (You can also use a ziplock bag and a rolling pin to crush the cookies and then add the melted butter and salt to them.)
- Pour the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the springform and press to form the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Prepare the filling for the cheesecake by placing the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl.
- Whip the cream cheese completely creamy and lump-free. This takes me at least five minutes.
- Next, add in the brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Add sour cream, pumpkin, vanilla extract, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and mix until combined completely.
- Last add in the eggs and mix by hand just until just combined. I prefer to use a silicone spatula instead of an electric mixer for this step. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- After everything is combined, pour the batter into the prepared crust and cover with aluminum foil tightly. Place a trivet in your Instant Pot and place 1 cup of water into the bottom of the pot.
- Place the cheesecake on the trivet and close the lid and seal. Place on high pressure for 35 minutes and allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the top, remove the cheesecake and place on the counter, remove the foil and allow to cool completely. After it is cooled, place in the refrigerator until set. This takes about 6 hours but overnight is best.
- Once ready to serve, prepare the whipped cream by pouring the whipped cream into a medium bowl and adding the powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until you get stiff peaks (about 5 minutes and put in a piping bag or Ziplock bag.
- Cover the top of the cheesecake with caramel sauce, and top with the whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
If you enjoyed this Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe Check out some of my other top cheesecake recipes below - just click on the images!!