This Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake is the perfect marriage of pumpkin pie and cheesecake, and would be perfect for Thanksgiving or any other Fall celebration. If you want to step up your pumpkin pie “game” for the holidays and surprise the family with something more, this is your recipe!
- 15 gingersnap cookies
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 2 –8 oz. packages of cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature before beginning – cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a 7-inch springform pan with nonstick spray, be sure to include the sides.
- Prepare the crust by adding the gingersnap cookies, melted butter, and salt to a food processor and pulse until you get crumbs. (You can also use a ziplock bag and a rolling pin to crush the cookies and then add the melted butter and salt to them.)
- Pour the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the springform and press to form the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Prepare the filling for the cheesecake by placing the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl.
- Whip the cream cheese completely creamy and lump-free. This takes me at least five minutes.
- Next, add in the brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Add sour cream, pumpkin, vanilla extract, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and mix until combined completely.
- Last add in the eggs and mix by hand just until just combined. I prefer to use a silicone spatula instead of an electric mixer for this step. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- After everything is combined, pour the batter into the prepared crust and cover with aluminum foil tightly. Place a trivet in your Instant Pot and place 1 cup of water into the bottom of the pot.
- Place the cheesecake on the trivet and close the lid and seal. Place on high pressure for 35 minutes and allow to naturally release.
- Once you can open the top, remove the cheesecake and place on the counter, remove the foil and allow to cool completely. After it is cooled, place in the refrigerator until set. This takes about 6 hours but overnight is best.
- Once ready to serve, prepare the whipped cream by pouring the whipped cream into a medium bowl and adding the powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until you get stiff peaks (about 5 minutes and put in a piping bag or Ziplock bag.
- Cover the top of the cheesecake with caramel sauce, and top with the whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American