This Instant Pot Sweet Potato Cheesecake recipe is so easy to put together and will be perfect for your Fall or Thanksgiving dessert table. With a traditional graham cracker crust, sweet potatoes and warm fall spices, this cheesecake is a perfect alternative to Sweet Potato Pie!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Grease the sides and bottoms of a 6-inch push pan or springform pan and line the pan with a parchment round. Alternatively, you can also line the sides of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter and pulse to mix ingredients. Then, press crust out on the bottom of the pan and ½ way up the sides. You can use the bottom of a glass to press down the crust.
- Place pan in the freezer while making the filling. Freezing will help hold the crust together.
- Mix the cream cheese and granulated sugar until nice and smooth, and then add in one egg at a time and mix just until incorporated.
- Next, gently fold in the flour and stir until smooth. Then add the sour cream and vanilla and mix again.
- Last, add in the sweet potatoes and spices. Gently stir just until incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the push pan or springform pan and tap the pan several times on the counter to remove air bubbles. You can also run a fork or knife through the cheesecake filling to remove air bubbles.
- Cover the cheesecake with aluminum foil and/or a paper towel to prevent condensation from accumulating on the top of the cheesecake.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Place your trivet inside the pot, then place the pan on the trivet.
- Close lid and set for a manual high-pressure cooking time of 30 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release when the cooking time has finished.
- Remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot. Take the foil off of the top and gently soak up any condensation that has formed on the top of the cheesecake with a paper towel or flour sack towel.
- Let the cheesecake cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before refrigerating for 12 hours or overnight.
- After 12 hours, remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator. If using a push pan, set the pan on top of a large can. Push the sides of the cake pan down, slowly. If using a springform pan, gently release the spring and lift off the outer ring.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan bottom using a large spatula or cake lifter, and set on a cake plate or serving tray.
- Garnish with fresh whipped cream and/or pecans if desired. Enjoy!
Makes 8 servings.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sweet Potato, Cheesecake, Sweet Potato Cheesecake, Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker, Thanksgiving, Fall,