This Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake is SO delicious and so simple. A lot of my cakes and desserts on this page are a little extra and over the top, so the next few days I am going to post a few simple bundt cakes! I love a good bundt cake. They are a little more dense than the normal layered cake, but that is what makes them delicious! I got this idea from my favorite lemon and poppy seed muffin. Why not turn one of my favorite muffins into a cake??
My favorite part of this bundt cake is the lemon glaze. It just brings it all together and adds a touch of sweetness. Plus, you get a little bit of tartness from the lemon. Making the glaze is super simple. All you need is a little lemon juice and powdered sugar! Super simple recipe to top off such a pretty cake!
You can pair some fresh berries with this bundt cake and it makes for a light, decadent dessert that is super easy to make! You will want to make it over and over!
The first thing you want to do is cream together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This technique leaves your cake light and airy and gives it a nice texture.
Next, you will want to beat in the eggs one at at time. Make sure each is combined before adding another.
Then add in your yogurt (or you can use sour cream). Mix until all of the ingredients are well combined.
Finally, add in all of the dry ingredients and mix well! Add to your prepared bundt pan and bake! Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then invert the warm cake onto a wire rack
Now it is time for that glaze!!! Mix together the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Pour over the top of the cake and drip over the sides.Print
Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
- Total Time: 90 minutes
- Yield: 14 servings 1x
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons gently packed finely grated lemon zest (from approximately 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ¼ granulated sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven at 350 and prepare a 10-inch bundt pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray and dusting with sugar making sure you coat the entire pan.
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, lemon zest and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time making sure you scrape the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add in the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Beat in flour, soda and salt and mix thoroughly for 3 minutes.
- Stir in poppy seeds and mix well.
- Using a spatula, scoot the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with the spatula.
- Bake for 65 - 70 minutes or until the top of the cake is golden and the cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes. Then invert the warm cake onto a cooling rack.
To make lemon glaze
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Stir the confectioners sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake letting it drip down the sides. Let the glaze harden before slicing and serving, about 15 minutes.
Garnish with thin lemon slices
This cake goes well with fresh berries.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: lemon, poppy seed, bundt cake
Serve and Enjoy!!
Be sure to comment below and let me know what recipe you would like to see next! If you tried this recipe, let me know how it turned out for you below! Also, feel free to check out some of my other top cake recipes below!
Leave a Reply