The perfect mix of mint and chocolate all wrapped up into one delicious dessert treat!
For the Cupcakes
- 1 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Vegatable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Buttercream
- 3 Sticks Butter (room temp)
- 5 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3–4 Tbsp Finely Chopped Mint Leaves (plus more for topping )
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine all of your dry ingredients into a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk until all clumps are removed.
3. Add in your eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix until all combined. Mix in your boiling water last, start on slow until the water is combined and then mix on a high speed for 1-2 minutes.
4. Fill your cupcake pan with liners and fill each liner about half way.
5. Bake your cupcakes for about 20 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
6. To make your buttercream, add your softened butter to a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Cream your butter until soft and fluffy.
7. Add in your powdered sugar one cup at a time, mix until each cup is combined.
8. Add in your vanilla and cream, mix on a high speed for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
9. Add in your fresh mint leaves and mix until combined.
After your cakes have completely cooled…
10. Add your frosting into a piping bag, and pip a generous amount of frosting onto each cake. If you wish, add some chocolate chips to the top of your frosting, you may even add them straight into the batter OR the frosting, OR both (I won’t tell :P)
11. Decorate as you wish and enjoy!!
You can store this in an air tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American