It is ice cream season and this No Churn Blueberry Walnut Ice Cream is a super simple treat for a hot summer day! My kids LOVE ice cream, they would literally eat it all day if I gave them the chance. Instead of running to McDonald’s 10 times a day, I decided to try my hand at making it myself and it was surprisingly easy!
The great part about this recipe is the base is only three ingredients. You can really add whatever toppings you want to make it your own! Add in chocolate chips, strawberries, or whatever else your heart desires! It is also fun for the kids to help out and add in their own toppings.
This recipe is super simple. Start off with some sweetened condensed milk, some heavy cream, and some vanilla extract. Mix that well and then add in your toppings. I don’t think it can get any easier than that!
For this recipe I chose to add in a blueberry puree, but you can add another berry or sauce of your choice. I have been obsessed with blueberries lately. You can do so much with them and they add a very unique flavor to any dessert. I am thinking of doing a similar recipe with peaches, let me know what you think below!!
After you combine all of the ingredients, just pour your ice cream mixture into a freezer safe bowl and place in the freezer overnight.Print
- 1 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 oz. blueberries (pureed (reserve a small handful for the top))
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup walnut (halves )
- Puree Blueberries in food processor or 15-20 seconds until smooth
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, pureed blueberries and walnuts and fold together until well combined.
- Next, Spoon ice cream into freezer safe container and top with walnut halves and a handful of blueberries.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. when it is time to serve, remove the container from freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes before serving to soften.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
If you enjoyed this recipe check out some of my other top recipes below!