This classic is so easy and delicious! Peanut butter on peanut butter topped with just a little chocolate on top. This Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cake will be a perfect cake for any family gathering, work party, or just because you are having a craving!
- 2 1/4 cups All purpose flour
- 2 cups Brown sugar
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4–5 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and prepare (3) 6″ cake pans with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together until everything is combined. Add in the wet ingredients and mix on low speed unit combined. Mix for an additional 3-5 minutes on high speed.
- Distribute batter evenly between the three pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once cakes are done, allow them to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove from pan and place the cakes on a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan. combine peanut butter and honey. Warm over low heat and stir until melted, smooth and creamy. Pour into the bowl of a stand mixer and add in the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Start by placing one level layer on a cake board or stand. Top with about 1/2 cup of peanut butter frosting and level. Continue with each layer.
- Once you have added all layers, cover the outside of the cake in the frosting and smooth. Add chocolate shavings to the top if you wish and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter, cake, peanut butter cake, dessert