Summer is here and we all know what that means!!!! Blackberries and peaches! I have been craving fresh peaches for SO long now, and the stores have just recently started stocking them and when I walked in and saw them I was like a kid in a candy store. I knew I wanted to make a new exciting dessert to share with you guys! This Peach and Blackberry Cobbler recipe is fantastic. I added a touch of cinnamon and brown sugar and it just took it over the top!
This recipe is a little different than your typical cobbler. The batter is a bit thinner than you are used to seeing. I wanted to make it more of a cake texture, and I also put the batter on the bottom and the fruit on top. This allows the batter to rise through the fruit to the top.
Look how beautiful those colors are! Peaches and blackberries with that beautiful golden crust… *cue drooling*
In all seriousness this cobbler did not last long in my house. The kiddos pretty much gobble down whatever I make almost immediately, but they went crazy over this! The hubz who isn’t a huge sweets fan even said he loved it!! Win!
This Peach and Blackberry cobbler is super simple and it all starts with fresh fruit. You can use frozen but I cannot promise that it will taste as amazing! To start, wash, peel, and slice about 6 peaches. I know, it is a pain, but it is so worth it! Then wash your berries and add them to a large bowl. Add sugar and mix until the fruit is coated. Let this sit for about 30 minutes.
Like I mentioned earlier, the batter is a little different than you are probably use to seeing in a typical cobbler recipe. I made the batter for this recipe a little thinner, to give it a more cake like texture. I was very pleased with the result!
You want to mix all of the ingredients together and add to a baking dish. Place the fruit on top of the batter but do not mix. Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean!
Super simple right?!
If you try this recipe, comment below and let me know what you thought!! Enjoy!Print
- 6 peaches (medium )
- 2 pints blackberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter (melted )
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and wash and dry your fruit. Peel and slice peaches and place in a large bowl with the blackberries. Add 1/3 cup sugar and toss to coat the fruit. Let set for at least 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients for the batter and give a good whisk to combine. Add the milk and melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray, and pour the batter into the bottom of the pan and level. Add the fruit to the top of the batter but do not mix together.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Check out some of my other top recipes below!!