Not only is this Chia Seed Pudding healthy for you, but it also tastes AMAZING! I love it when things happen that way, don't you?
But seriously, Chia seeds have so many beneficial properties to them and they are a nutritious addition to many items. You can add them to smoothies, shakes, oatmeal, salads, really whatever you want! Because Chia seeds have a pretty bland flavor you can add them to anything you wish and get the nutritional value but not get a weird taste from them.
Chia seeds have a TON of nutrition with very little calories. They are packed with protein, fiber, healthy fats, calcium, magnesium, and the list goes on! Just adding 3 tbsp of these into your diet a day can drastically improve your health and nutritional intake! The best part is, you don't really taste or notice them! Add 1 tbsp to your food at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and you are good to go! A fast and easy way to improve your health, and lets face it, with this recipe it will seem like you are cheating a little.
How to "Dress up" Chia Seed Pudding
I get it, you want to dress up your pudding a little bit to make it a little more appetizing and let's be real, those berries look delicious don't they???? Fool your eyes with more colors and make your food pretty! It will make you want to post a picture on Instagram and then devour it! Is it just me or does food with more colors taste better? Eh, probably just me.
Anyway! Here are a few ideas to help "spice up" your pudding
- Chocolate: Add 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Pecan Pie: Add 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp allspice to the recipe and then add a couple tbsp of chopped pecans!
- Strawberry/PB&J: Add some of my Chia Strawberry Jam to your jars and to add a little razzle dazzle, add a few tbsp of peanut butter to make a PB&J pudding!
- Mixed Berry: Add your favorite berries! I recommend blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries!
If you can think of anymore share them below!
This recipe is SUPER easy. Add all ingredients into a mason jar, and let it sit.. I don't think it gets any easier than that!
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbsps. honey (maple syrup may be used instead)
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- Place milk, chia seeds, honey and vanilla in a 16oz jar. Put the lid on the jar and shake it to combine the ingredients. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes so that chia seeds begin to gel. Shake mixture in jar again and store in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 4 hours).
- In the morning the chia pudding will be thick and creamy.
- Spoon the pudding into individual containers and enjoy as is or serve with fresh fruit, and/or layer it with Strawberry Chia Jam.
- Chia pudding will keep refrigerated up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Grab the Strawberry Chia Seed Jam recipe HERE!