- 1 Refrigerated or Frozen pie crust
- 6 Granny Smith Apples – peeled (cored and sliced into ¼ inch slices)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup room temperature butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Follow the pie crust instructions for thawing, and place crust over a 9 inch ungreased pie pan.
- Flute the edges of the pie by pressing your index finger on one hand, in between your index finger and thumb on the other hand. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the filling by mixing apples, lemon juice, flour, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. Then, pour into the prepared pie pan.
- To make the crumble topping, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, flour and room temperature butter in a medium bowl. Use a fork and press the butter into the other ingredients, until the mixture is nice and crumbly.
- Place the crumble topping on top of the pie.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then lower the temperature to 375 and bake for an additional 35 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool completely before serving.
- Top with ice cream and caramel drizzle for the ultimate treat.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American