Delicious Homemade Strawberry Cake
It is that time of year folks, when fresh strawberries start hitting the farmers markets.This is my favorite time of year. I love going to the farmers market with my little boys and getting fresh, local fruit and veggies. I personally love making recipes with strawberries. There are so many options! This homemade strawberry cake is amazingly simple, and it is so delicious it will be gone in minutes. This will be a perfect cake for your next family gathering, work meeting, or just because!
I paired this strawberry cake with a decadent cream cheese frosting, my absolute favorite. These two recipe compliment each other so well. And topping it off with a few fresh strawberries give it that “wow” factor.
The Secret to Making Perfect Cakes
The secret is in the goop! I know I sound crazy but this simple recipe has saved me so many headaches and wasted time and supplies.
Don’t you hate when you spend so much time in the kitchen planning the perfect cake, mixing up your favorite recipe, putting it in the pan, and then it comes out and you flip it over and it STICKS!!! Doesn’t that just want to make you pull every single hair out of your head???? It does me. That is why I came up with this simple recipe that you can make in batches and have on hand when you get in the baking mood.
Make sure to pin this recipe now so you will have it on hand! Be sure to let me know how you liked this recipe below!
Now let’s get to the goods!Print
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
For the Cake
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 3 oz. package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry puree
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 31/2–4 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. and prepare 3 6″ cake pans
- Combine all ingredients for the strawberry puree into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil for one minute over med-high heat.
- Remove from heat and cool and pour into a food processor and pulse until there are no large chunks of strawberry.
- Combine all dry ingredients for the cake into a large mixing bowl. Add in the remaining wet ingredients and puree and mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the three cake tins and bake for 34-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream together cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer. Mix for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract and add one cup of powder sugar at a time while mixing on low speed. Once all powdered sugar is incorporated, mix on high speed for 5-6 minutes.
- Assembling Cake
- Take one cooled and leveled cake layer and place on a cake stand or plate. Top with about 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting and top with another later of cake. Continue with all layers of cake.
- Cover the outside of the cake in cream cheese frosting and top with fresh strawberries.
- Serve and enjoy!!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American