This Instant Pot Triple Chocolate Cheesecake begins with an Oreo crust, has a creamy chocolate filling, and ends with decadent ganache on top. It has the best texture and is just so yummy! In the Instant Pot, it takes half the time, and tastes twice as good. That is a win-win to me!
I have baked countless cheesecakes the traditional way, and it always seems that something goes wrong. The top cracks, it doesn't bake all the way, the texture is gross...take your pick. It is so sad because you spend a decent amount of money on the best cream cheese, and wait for it to bake for an HOUR, and then it turns out bad, so you can't even eat it! Thank goodness for Instant Pots! Chances are if you are reading this post you already know how amazing they are, because you own your very own, BUT if you do not, you need one, like, yesterday. Get your very own instant pot HERE!
I was already excited enough when I got my Instant Pot, but when I found out that I could BAKE IN IT?!?!? It got 1 billion times better! In all honesty, I think the desserts that I have made in the IP turn out better than baking in the oven. Is that bad to say? AND it takes half the time - to make the same thing. So, it will be the Instant Pot for me!
The process is super simple, so let's dive in shall we???
First, you want to prepare your crust. Again, all you need is some Oreos, and a food processor/hammer/rolling pin/heavy book. Whatever ya got!
Crush about 10 Oreos (with the cream) and pour them in a greased 6" spring form. Place it in the freezer until the filling is finished.
Next, pour the filling on top of the frozen crust and cover with aluminum foil and set aside. Prepare your Instant Pot by placing the trivet inside with 1 cup of water. Place the cheesecake on the trivet, place the lid on, make sure it is sealed, and set on high pressure for 35 minutes. THAT'S IT!!
When the timer beeps, allow the pot to naturally release the pressure. When you can open the lid, remove cheesecake CAREFULLY, and set it out on the counter and allow to cool completely.
Next is my favorite part, the ganache. Once the cheesecake has set overnight in the fridge, melt the chocolate and heavy cream together, then pour that deliciousness on the top of the cheesecake.
This is the part where you can add all of your favorite toppings: Berries, more chocolate, sea salt whatever you are feeling that day.
This Triple Chocolate Cheesecake begins with an Oreo crust, has a creamy chocolate filling, and ends with decadent ganache on top.
For the crust:
- 10 double stuffed Oreos
For the cheesecake:
- 2 packs (16 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup (4 oz) sour cream, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 4 oz semi sweet melted chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare the crust by placing the Oreos into a food processor and blend until they form crumbs.
- Place your Oreo crumbs in a 6” springform pan, and pack down with your hand or a measuring cup.
- Place in the freezer until the filling is ready.
- To make the filling, start with all room temp ingredients. Place the cream cheese into a large mixing bowl, and beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Mix until just combined.
- Add in sour cream and mix until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Add in the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix just enough so that they are fully incorporated. You want to make these the very last thing you mix in and mix as little as possible.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and cover the top of your pan with aluminum foil. If you would like to take it a step further, you can cover the bottom of the pan as well.
- Prepare your instant pot with one cup of water, and place your trivet in the bottom of your pot.,.,
- TIP: Make a sling by folding aluminum foil into a long strip, and place that on your trivet. This will make it easier to remove your pan afterwards!
- Place the pan into the pot, place the lid on, and make sure it is sealed.
- Set on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, allow for a natural release. When you can open the pot, take the pan out, and place somewhere that it can cool. I do not take the foil off of the top. If you want you can at this point, just know it may look like it is undercooked and very jiggly. It’s OKAY! After it cools completely, place it in the fridge overnight.
- Once the cheesecake has set overnight, make the ganache by combining the chocolate and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals until the chocolate is mostly melted. Stir the chocolate until all is melted and it thickens slightly. Pour onto your cheesecake.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot, Chocolate, Ganache, Cheesecake, Pressure Cooker
Check out some of my other Instant Pot recipes!