Instant Pot Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
This Instant Pot Triple Chocolate Cheesecake is SO easy it is crazy. Since I come up with this recipe I haven’t baked a cheesecake the traditional way. This recipe has the best texture and is just so yummy, why would you go back??? It takes half the time, and tastes twice as good. That is a win-win to me!
I have baked countless cheesecakes the traditional way and it always seems that something goes wrong.. The top cracks, it doesn’t bake all the way, the texture is gross, take your pick. It is so sad because you spend a decent amount of money on the best cream cheese, and you spend time waiting for it to bake for an HOUR, and then it turns out bad and you can’t even eat it.. Thank God for Instant Pots! Chances are if you are reading this post you already know how amazing they are because you own your very own, BUT if you do not, you need one, like, yesterday. Get your very own instant pot HERE!
I was already excited enough when I got my Instant Pot, but when I found out that I could BAKE IN IT?!?!? It got 1 billion times better! In all honesty I think the desserts that I have made in the IP turn out better than baking in the oven. Is that bad to say? AND it takes half the time.. literally, to make the same thing. So, it will be the IP for me!
The process is super simple, let’s dive in shall we???
First, you want to prepare your crust. Again, all you need is some oreos, and a food processor/hammer/rolling pin/ heavy book. Whatever ya got!
Crush about 10 Oreo’s (with the cream) and then pour them in a oiled 6″ spring form. Place it in the freezer until the filling is finished.
Pour the filling on top of the frozen crust and cover with tin foil and set aside. Prepare your IP by placing the trivet inside with 1 cup of water. Place the cheesecake on the trivet, place the lid on and make sure it is sealed, and set on high pressure for 35 minutes. THAT’S IT!!
When the timer beeps, allow the pot to naturally release the pressure. When you can open the lid, remove cheesecake CAREFULLY, and set out on the counter and allow to cool completely.
Next is my favorite part, the ganache… All you do is melt chocolate and heavy cream and pour that deliciousness on the top of the cheesecake and place in the fridge overnight to set.
This is the part where you can add all of your favorite toppings: Berries, more chocolate, sea salt whatever you are feeling that day.
Comment below and let me know how this recipe worked out for you!! Remember to pin for later!
For the crust:
- 10 double stuffed Oreos
For the cheesecake:
- 2 packs (16 oz) room temp cream cheese Philadelphia is best
- ½ cup (4 oz) sour cream
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz semi sweet melted chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare your crust by placing your Oreos into a food processor and blend until they form crumbs.
- Place your Oreos in a 6” springform pan, and pack down with your hand or a measuring cup.
- Place in the freezer until the filling is ready.
- To make your filling, start with all room temp ingredients. Place your cream cheese into a large mixing bowl, and mix on high until light and fluffy.
- Add in your sugar 1 tbsp at a time mix until just combined.
- Add in sour cream and mix until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Add in the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Last, add in your eggs, you want to make these the very last thing you mix in and mix as LITTLE as possible. Add your eggs one at a time and mix just enough so that they are fully incorporated.
- Pour your filling into your prepared crust and cover the top of your pan with tin foil. If you would like to take it a step further, you can cover the bottom of the pan as well.
- 10. Prepare your instant pot with one cup of water, and place your trivet in the bottom of your pot.,.,
- 11. TIP: Make a sling by tearing a piece of aluminum foil, and folding in making a long strip, and place that on your trivet. This will make it easier to remove your pan afterwards!
- 12. Place your pan in your pot, and place the lid on, and make sure it is sealed.
- 13. Place on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- 14. After 35 minutes, allow for a natural release. When you can open the pot, take the pan out, and place somewhere that it can cool. I do not take the foil off of the top, If you want you can at this point, just know it may look like it is undercooked and very jiggly. It’s OKAY! After it cools completely, place it in the fridge overnight.
- 15. Once your cheesecake has set overnight. Make your ganache by combining the chocolate and cream into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals until the chocolate is mostly melted. Stir the chocolate until all is melted and it thickens slightly and pour onto your cheesecake.
- 16. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Check out some of my other Instant Pot recipes!