- 3 3/4 cups cake flour
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 sticks (1 cuplus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 4 tablespoons thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons plus 1/4 teaspoon orange etract
- zest of 2 medium oranges ((about 4 tablespoons))
- Orange coloring gel
Orange Cream Filling:
- 1 large box instant Vanilla pudding (5.9 oz.)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Orange Extract
- Orange gel type food coloring
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cuproom temperature)
- 2 (8 ounceblocks cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cool whip
- 1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2.) Grease and flour three 8 x 2 inch round pans.
- 3.) In a large mixing bowl add first 4 ingredients, set aside
- 4.) In a separate bowl, add the eggs, orange juice concentrate, milk, orange extract and zest. Mix on low speed until yolks are broken and blended. Set aside.
- 5.) Add half the butter to the dry ingredients and mix on low speed for a minute. Add the rest of butter and mix on medium speed until the ingredients look crumbly and slightly moistened. With a spatula scrape the sides and bottom of bowl.
- 6.) Add half the egg mixture and blend on low speed.
- 7.) Increase speed to medium and add the remaining egg mixture and blend until creamy and smooth.
- 7.) Divide batter into three 8″ prepared cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 9.) Let the cakes cool in pan 10 minutes the then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- 1.) Combine the pudding mix , heavy cream and orange extract in a medium mixing bowl.
- 2.) On low speed mix until well combined. Beat pudding mixture for two minutes.
- 3.) Add one drop of orange colored, soft gel food coloring and blend.
- 3.) Refrigerate until ready to use.
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1.) In mixing bowl, beat butter until soft and smooth.
- 2.) Cut cream cheese into pieces and add to butter. Beat on medium until well blended.
- 3.) Add the vanilla and orange extract and blend.
- 4.) Add powdered sugar one cup at a time until well blended. Increase speed and beat until fluffy.
- 5.) Add cool whip to bowl and mix until blended.
- 6.) Frost sides of cake in swirls, starting at bottom of cake and working up, making a rim about 1/4 inch high above top of cake. Swirl the remaining icing on top of cake.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American