- 4 cups fresh strawberries (diced)
- 1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Put the strawberries into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until the strawberries break down, become liquidly and begin to bubble.
- Remove from heat and use a potato masher to mash the berries. If you prefer a jam with chunks of fruit don’t mash it too much.
- Stir in the honey, lemon juice and chia seeds.
- Let stand 10 minutes until thickened.
- Transfer the jam into a sealable glass jar. The jam will thicken further as it cools.
- Keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American