It is berry season and I am taking full advantage. These Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies are super super easy! I am all about easy and yummy recipes. The base to this recipe is just a regular boxed brownie mixed with a few added ingredients to make it a special treat for any occasion! I have been looking for any way possible to use fresh berries in my recipes this month. I'm a little obsessed. I LOVE baking with berries. Not only do berries make the dish more visually pleasing, they add such a unique and special flavor.
I mean come on, look at those pops of red raspberries! My camera loved these little guys, and so did my kiddos. This batch was gone in minutes! The secret to making these brownies look amazing is when you are swirling the cheesecake mix in with the brownies. You want to mix just enough to create a swirl and then STOP! I know it is hard... trust me.. but just creating the slight swirl and mix of colors create these gorgeous brownies.
Another great tip when making these brownies is to line your pan with parchment paper. This will make it easier for you to lift them out of the pan and cut after they are finished baking. This will create cleaner, prettier slices of awesome-ness.
This recipe starts with a plain ole box of brownies. Not many of my recipes start this way. I love making things from scratch. There are not many things that I prefer from a box, but with just a few added ingredients I took this box recipe over the top! Start by preparing the brownies using the instructions on the back of the box and pour into a prepared baking dish with parchment.
Next, mix the softened cream cheese, sugar, and egg together and pour on top of the brownie mixture. Swirl in the cheesecake mixture to make a pretty swirl. Remember do not get too crazy at this part or you will over mix!
Finally, add the fresh raspberries to the top. Try to evenly distribute them across the batter. Then pop them in the oven for about 30 minutes until set.
Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 1 Box of brownie mix (made according to package directions)
- ½ cup softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 7x9 baking dish with parchment paper. (You could also use an 8x8)
- Mix brownie batter according to package directions and pour into pan. Then, in a small bowl,
- mix cream cheese, sugar and egg. Pour onto brownie batter and then gently swirl with a knife or end of a spoon. You want to gently incorporate the cheesecake and brownie without over mixing (you want to see swirls). Then, sprinkle the fresh raspberries on top of the batter.
- Pop into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes. You are looking for the batter to be set, slightly golden, and just beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack. Once brownies are cool, cut into squares and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
If you enjoyed this Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies recipe, check out some of my other top recipes below!! Remember to comment and let me know what you think and any recipes you would like me to post in the future!!
Leave a Reply