Instant Pot Nutter Butter Cheesecake
Yes, you did read the title correctly. This Instant PotNutter Butter Cheesecake is basically a Peanut Butter Cheesecake with a Nutter Butter Crust and topped with Peanut Butter ganache, fresh whipped cream and more Nutter Butter cookies. If you’re a Nutter Butter or peanut butter lover, this cheesecake is FOR YOU! This cheesecake is ridiculously easy to make and it feels fail-proof!
Instant Pot cheesecakes are my new favorite thing….like ever. Each cheesecake can be mixed up and “baked” in under an hour – then they just have to chill and they’re done! Well… that and add some delicious toppings or garnish ?
Instant Pot cheesecakes require no water baths and no hours or waiting while they bake. You do have to wait hours for them to chill. but still… these are so much faster! And they sort of feel foolproof.
Instant Pot Nutter Butter Cheesecake
If you love peanut butter and you love cheesecake, you’re going to love this amazing, decadent, peanut buttery goodness.
Nutter Butter Crust
The crust for this cheesecake is possibly my most favorite thing. I mean – it’s Nutter Butter cookies mixed with butter. How could you go wrong? It was perfect.
All you need is a food processor or blender to pulverize your cookies, some butter and salt and you’re all set. I love to do this in my Blendtec blender. I actually love to do pretty much anything I can get away with in my Blendtec and my Instant Pot!
Just press them into the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan (THIS is my favorite pan – it’s leakproof!!) and the crust is done. To get a sharp edge and really tightly packed crust, I love to use a little ramekin with sharp bottom corners and a very flat bottom. It works beautifully.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling
This peanut butter cheesecake filling is heaven. But to get it perfect, there are a few things you need to note; First, all of your ingredients need to be at room temperature. The cream cheese, the eggs, the sour cream… everything. Don’t try to take a shortcut here… room temperature ingredients make everything easy to mix and it all comes out so much creamier!
You will want to start with the cream cheese and cream it for a good 5-10 minutes. Mix it until there are absolutely no lumps – you want it completely creamy. If you find lumps in your batter after adding other ingredients, you will have to overmix it to get it creamy and it will ruin the texture of your cheesecake.
Next, add in peanut butter, eggs, vanilla, etc. and make sure everything is mixed well and add into your prepped 7-inch springform pan.
The Instant Pot
Even though the Instant Pot is a SUPER easy way to make your cheesecake there is a secret to it. You HAVE to cover the pan completely in foil. I like to lay a piece of foil about 24-inches long on the counter, set the pan on it and wrap it up and over the top. Then take a second, shorter piece and cover the tip and fold it down tightly on the sides.
This will keep water from getting in and having a soggy crust – which would be a complete tragedy. Next, place in the Instant Pot on the trivet and cook on high pressure. Remove the foil when the cheesecake comes out of the Instant Pot and when when the cheesecake is cool, move it to the fridge to completley chill and set up. The center will look jiggley – that is normal!
Before servings, you get to really get creative and have some fun! For this peanut butter cheesecake, I chose to use a peanut butter chip ganache (made with heavy cream and peanut butter chips), some fresh whipped cream, and obviously – some mini Nutter Butter cookies!
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to leave a comment letting me know how it turned out for you! Also – if you have new flavor ideas, let me know!
Pin this recipe!
This Instant Pot Nutter Butter Cheesecake is SO easy, I mean ridiculously easy and quick to make! With a Nutter Butter cookie crust, peanut butter cheesecake filling, peanut butter ganache and fresh whipped cream on top – how can you go wrong?
- 8 Nutter Butter cookies (with filling)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 packs cream cheese
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Prepare your crust by placing Nutter Butter Cookies into a food processor and blend until they form crumbs. Add in melted butter and salt and blend again for a few seconds.
- Spray a 7-inch springform pan (THIS is my favorite pan – it’s leakproof!) with non-stick cooking spray, then press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides.
- Place in the freezer until the filling is ready.
- To make your filling, start with all room temp ingredients. Place your cream cheese into a large mixing bowl, and mix on high until light and fluffy.
- Add in peanut butter and sugar and mix just until combined.
- Next add the sour cream and vanilla and mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Last, add in your eggs. I don’t recommend using an electric mixer for this – instead use a silicone spatula. Prick the eggs with a fork then gently mix them until fully incorporated but not overmixed.
- Pour your filling into your prepared crust, and completely cover your pan with foil. I like to wrap from the bottom first, then again from the top.
- Pour one cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot, and place your trivet in the bottom of your pot.
- Place your springform pan in your pot, and place the lid on, and make sure it is sealed.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes and allow to naturally release. When you can open the lid, remove the cheesecake from the pot, then remove the foil. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely on the counter and then move to the fridge to set for at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Once the cheesecake has set, prepare the peanut butter ganache by placing the peanut butter chips and heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl and melt until smooth. Add to the top of the cheesecake. Top with fresh whipped cream and mini Nutter Butter cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake, peanut butter, nutter butter, nutter butter cookies, cookies, pressure cooker, instant pot, instapot